VelaShape™ III Q&A with Dr. C
Unwanted bulges of fat and cellulite can seem impossible to get rid of, and a healthy diet and regular exercise only go so far. If you’re interested in what VelaShape™ III can do for your figure, you most likely have a lot of questions. While standard online FAQs seem to all answer the same inquiries, body contouring specialist Dr. Frank Campanile takes the time to answer all of his patients’ questions, no matter how uncommon. Here, he responds to some popular questions about VelaShape™ III that you may not find in other resources.
If you have a question about VelaShape™ III that’s not addressed here, please feel free to contact us online today to schedule a consultation. Dr. Campanile is a board certified plastic surgeon who focuses on developing a customized approach toward cosmetic procedures that can better help you meet your unique goals.
Q. I’ve Been Considering VelaShape™ For A While, But I’m Still Not Sure If It’s Something I Want To Do. How Can I Be Positive I’m Making The Right Decision?
- Making the decision to undergo any cosmetic procedure can feel intimidating. The nice thing about VelaShape™ III is that it’s a nonsurgical procedure, meaning there is less risk involved. I normally recommend that men or women who think they might be interested in VelaShape™ III but can’t make the final decision to just come in for a consultation. The consultation is commitment-free, so there’s no pressure involved to make your actual procedure appointment unless you feel completely sure. Oftentimes, during the consultation, questions come up that you may not have thought of otherwise, and a lot of uncertainties about what you can expect are cleared up, helping you feel comfortable with deciding on your next move.
Q. I’ve Heard Really Mixed Reviews On Nonsurgical Body Contouring. How Do I Know I’ll See Real Results?
- At my practice, I only offer procedures that I have complete confidence in. The reason I offer some nonsurgical contouring procedures but not others is because I only perform techniques that I’ve studied, used and have seen create noticeable results. VelaShape™ III is the most recent development in a series of VelaShape™ devices. This updated version is optimized to produce faster and more reliable results than previous protocols. A number of clinical papers have been published on VelaShape™ technology and its effectiveness for reducing localized fat and tightening the skin. Nonsurgical contouring isn’t right for everyone, and if you’re looking for more dramatic results, you may be a better candidate for liposuction. However, if you’re not interested in undergoing surgery and are looking to fine-tune the results from a previous body contouring procedure, or if your body shaping needs are minimal and focused, I highly recommend nonsurgical contouring.
Q. Are There Any Scars From VelaShape™ Treatments?
- No. One of the best advantages to nonsurgical body contouring is the complete lack of scarring. The VelaShape™ procedure uses a small handheld device with gentle vacuum pressure to pull the treatment area in as it emits radiofrequency and infrared waves that melt fat cells and stimulate collagen production. You may feel a warming sensation as the device passes over your body, but the procedure is painless and produces no scars.
Q. I’m Mainly Interested In Reducing Cellulite On My Thighs. I’ve Tried All Kinds Of Creams And Nothing Seems To Work. Does VelaShape™ Really Help With Cellulite?
- One of the most appealing aspects of VelaShape™ III is that the procedure can significantly reduce the appearance of cellulite. Liposuction, on the other hand, does not reduce cellulite, because even though we normally associate cellulite with fat, it’s actually not necessarily related to the amount of body fat. Cellulite is caused by restrictive bands in your tissue that bunch fat cells together, creating the dimpled appearance that most people don’t like. VelaShape™ III stimulates collagen production in your skin when it heats the tissue, as well as increases cellular metabolism and lymphatic drainage, all of which can reduce cellulite and improve the texture of your skin.
Q. Can I Combine VelaShape™ With Liposuction For Both Fat Reduction And Skin Tightening?
- Absolutely. Many patients choose to fine-tune their liposuction results with VelaShape™ III to improve skin laxity and further shape their figure. However, depending on how much skin laxity you have, there could be a better alternative. Because VelaShape™ is noninvasive, it tends to produce subtler results than surgical correction. If your skin laxity is focused around the abdomen, you may see better results from a tummy tuck.