You had a clear vision for how you wanted to look after your breast enhancement procedure. But that vision may not have translated into reality, leaving you disappointed with the results that another surgeon achieved. Or, gravity and aging may have taken a toll and the benefits of your breast enhancement surgery may have started to fade.
For women who’d like to improve upon the results of their breast enhancement, Dr. Francesco Campanile specializes in breast revision surgery. Hundreds of women in the Denver area and throughout Colorado have benefited from Dr. Campanile’s skill in revision surgery. This has earned him the reputation as the “go-to” surgeon for challenging revision work for correcting or improving a previously performed breast surgery.
Because every woman is different, Dr. Campanile adapts every procedure to meet each woman’s unique goals. You can count on Dr. Campanile to bring his considerable experience and skill to breast revision surgery for excellent results.
Meet Dr. Campanile
Choosing the right practice makes all the difference in your results. Learn why Dr. Campanile's patients consider him to be the best plastic surgeon in Denver.
Meet Dr. Campanile
There are many reasons to consider a breast revision surgery or “redo” procedure from Campanile Plastic Surgery. One of the most common situations that leads to revision of an initial breast augmentation is capsular contracture, which is the formation of scar tissue that constricts the breast implant.
Capsular contracture can create an unflattering appearance, and may even feel uncomfortable or painful. Other reasons to consider a revision procedure include:
- Excessive scarring
- Implant deflation
- Poorly positioned implants
Dr. Campanile will take the time to review your case individually. Revision of prior breast surgery requires careful consideration and a thorough understanding of your anatomy in order to develop a surgical plan that can address existing cosmetic concerns.
The exact surgical steps Dr. Campanile will follow for your revision procedure will depend on many factors. Based upon your needs, he may replace your implants, minimize the appearance of scars, reposition nipples, improve breast shape and position, or combine one or all of these approaches.
Dr. Campanile can give you more detailed information about your surgery and the recovery process during your consultation.
Breast revision surgery is tailored to meet your specific goals. Dr. Campanile may recommend including additional procedures, such as fat transfer breast augmentation or a breast lift, to ensure the most flattering new look.
As a board-certified plastic surgeon with more than 20 years of experience, Dr. Campanile brings a personable, caring manner to each breast revision surgery. He’ll work to understand your concerns and your aesthetic goals, discussing with you the best approach to deliver beautiful results.
Breast surgery revision at the Denver offices of Dr. Francesco Campanile can address an unsatisfying outcome achieved to help women look their best and feel better about their surgical results.
Request a consultation to learn more about breast surgery revision. And if you haven’t already, be sure to view our breast revision before and after photos to see the results Dr. Campanile can achieve. We’re here for you every step of the way and look forward to meeting with you.
Taking an active part in your own health care includes proper preparation before your breast surgery revision. For Denver residents who are considering this procedure, the process really begins long before the surgical appointment: choosing your surgeon, asking the right questions during your initial consultation, and planning ahead for both the surgery and the following recovery period. This guide will walk you through the right steps.
At Your Consultation:
The first step in feeling good about your breast surgery revision is finding a skilled surgeon with experience in this technique. Not only does your practitioner need to be familiar with augmentation methods, but other complications that may arise as well. Some common questions to ask during your first consultation include:
- Can you tell me about your credentials?
- Do you currently hold any board certifications?
- How many breast surgery revisions do you perform in a year?
- What percentage of those revisions develop complications?
- May I see before and after breast revision photos of women with similar body types to mine?
Breast revision surgery is a very personal process. Because of this, you should choose a plastic surgeon with whom you feel comfortable, who is happy to answer any questions you have and address your concerns honestly and openly.
Preparing for Surgery:
Getting ready for breast revision surgery begins long before you set foot in the clinic for your appointment. There are several steps you can take to help both your surgery and the recovery go more smoothly for both you and Dr. Campanile.
- Rearrange your schedule to shift any external stress from work or school away from your recovery period.
- Pre-pay bills, take care of chores early and reschedule appointments to promote stress-free healing.
- Plan ahead for meals, either by freezing them or setting out take-out menus.
- Inform Dr. Campanile if you’re a smoker, and quit at least two weeks prior to your scheduled surgery. You should also refrain from smoking during your recovery.
- You should also inform Dr. Campanile if you’re taking any prescriptions or supplements.
- Wash ahead of time with antimicrobial soap, and avoid the use of lotions afterward to keep the area clean.
- Wear a button-up shirt and make sure other clothing is loose and comfortable, including slip-on shoes.
Feeling tired and sore the first few days is perfectly normal. Although many patients feel discouraged by this, the best thing to do is just rest and give your body the time and space it needs to heal.
- Expect your breasts to feel tender and look swollen at first.
- You may have to wear a special compression bra to aid healing.
- Normal daily routine can often be resumed within several days.
- Vigorous activities will have to stay on hold until Dr. Campanile gives the all clear.
Although you may be tempted to push yourself, recovery is the time for taking it easy and giving your body plenty of down time. Remember, many patients find that their recovery from breast surgery revision is actually much faster than the original surgery.
If you have any questions about preparing for your breast surgery revision, please do not hesitate to contact us online or call us at 303-345-7476.