Losing a significant amount of weight is a tremendous accomplishment, but all too often, men and women are unable to showcase their slimmer figure when sagging skin and pockets of residual fat hide their true weight loss success.
Board certified plastic surgeon and body contouring specialist, Dr. Francesco Campanile, offers thigh lifts and lower body lifts for men and women in the Denver area who’d like to improve the appearance of their lower body. In addition to providing a sleeker look, thigh and body lifts can also improve your day-to-day comfort by helping you fit into the right clothing size and improving chafing or other skin issues.
Dr. Campanile knows that weight loss is an incredible achievement and he has great respect for those who’ve worked hard to lose weight. He understands that the journey isn’t complete until you can finally be rid of the extra skin and fatty tissue that can serve as a reminder of your former self. Thigh and body lift surgery aims to reveal lean, smooth contours that help you embrace your natural body post-weight loss.
Meet Dr. Campanile
Choosing the right practice makes all the difference in your results. Learn why Dr. Campanile's patients consider him to be the best plastic surgeon in Denver.
Meet Dr. Campanile
Thigh lifts can focus on the inner thigh, the outer thigh or both. Tightening and smoothing the skin on the inner thigh can improve comfort and help to keep the thighs from rubbing together during walking or other exercises. Thigh lift surgery of the outer thigh has a greater impact on the overall shape, dramatically improving a person’s silhouette by streamlining the lower body.
Dr. Campanile begins an inner thigh procedure by making an incision in the natural skin folds of the pubic area. He removes loose skin and fat through the incision and tightens the remaining skin for a leaner, smoother appearance. Once all the excess tissue has been removed, Dr. Campanile closes the incisions.
To begin an outer thigh procedure, Dr. Campanile makes an incision in the hips or buttocks area. Excess skin and fat are removed through this incision for a younger, firmer look.
Depending upon the extent of the procedure, a thigh lift can take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. Most people can return to work within 2 weeks and begin to resume more strenuous activities about a month after surgery.
If you’ve noticed loose skin and excess fatty tissue surrounding your hips, thighs or buttocks, a lower body lift surgery may be the right procedure for you. This procedure is ideal for men and women who have lost some amount of weight and would like to tighten up their body shape for a fitter look. In addition to the slimming effects of a body lift, excess tissue can be repositioned to augment a sagging buttocks, creating a shapelier backside.
To begin a lower body lift, Dr. Campanile makes an incision all the way around the lower torso just above the pubic region. After tissue removal, the remaining skin is repositioned and tightened. The incisions are then carefully closed and bandaged.
Body lifts usually require an overnight hospital stay. Although individual results vary, many patients are able to return to their normal routines within 2 to 3 weeks after surgery, gradually resuming more strenuous activities in the following weeks and months.
Although a thigh and body lift procedure can offer excellent results on its own, many men and women choose to include liposuction for more comprehensive body contouring.
Thigh and body lift procedures are also often combined with abdominoplasty for a sleeker midsection. Dr. Campanile can help you determine whether additional procedures may help you achieve your ideal outcome.
Request a consultation to learn more about getting a body or thigh lift from our Denver offices. Losing weight is a real celebration, and you deserve to have the body you’ve been working so hard to achieve.
It’s important to adequately prepare before coming in for a thigh and body lift. At our Denver offices, we tell our patients that preparation is a crucial element of ensuring a speedy recovery and optimal results. This guide will walk you through the essentials before you come in for your appointment.
By making a few arrangements ahead of time, recovery from your thigh and body lift should go more smoothly. This is all part of preparing for surgery, which takes place long before setting foot in the operating room itself.
- Have someone ready to drive you to and from your surgery, and to stay with you for the first 24 hours after you’re home again.
- Line up help for the first several days around the house, especially if you have children or pets.
- Set up meals ahead of time, either by cooking and freezing in advance, or by having delivery menus next to your phone.
- Rearrange your home life and work schedule to shift stress elsewhere during your recovery. Paying bills ahead of time and moving pressing appointments to fall before surgery or after recovery are both great ways to reduce stress.
- Before your surgery, wash your thighs and lower body with special antimicrobial soap. Avoid the use lotions or sprays afterward.
- Wear loose clothing that’s easy to get on and off to your appointment, such as a button-up shirt and slip-on shoes.
- Inform Dr. Campanile if you’re taking any prescription medications. He should also know of any supplements or vitamins you’re taking, as well.
- Quit smoking at least two weeks before surgery, and refrain from smoking until at least two weeks following your procedure. The more time your body has to heal smoke-free, the better.
You should expect to feel sore and tired after your thigh and body lift. It’s best not to fight it, and instead to give your body the rest it needs to heal and recover.
- You may have to wear a special compression garment to help facilitate healing.
- You can expect to look a little swollen and bruised at first, though this should dissipate quickly as you heal.
- Light activities can often be resumed within several days.
- More vigorous exercise can begin again after Dr. Campanile gives the go-ahead.
Most importantly, don’t push yourself during your recovery period. Give your body all the tools it needs to heal, and you’ll be rewarded with a more comfortable experience as well as better results:
- Follow any special instructions from Dr. Campanile
- Get plenty of rest
- Avoid stress as much as possible
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and veggies, and drink plenty of water
By following these guidelines, your body and thigh lift from our Denver offices should go smoothly, and the healing process even more so. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 303-345-7476.