The upper arms are one of the most common areas for men and women to store unwanted fatty tissue or develop baggy skin. Weight loss, age or genetics can leave you with flabby upper arms that don’t seem to respond to weight training, aerobics or dieting. Upper arm lift surgery from Denver plastic surgeon Dr. Francesco Campanile can help individuals interested in fine-tuning their upper bodies achieve more toned and youthful-looking upper arms.
At Campanile Plastic Surgery, we understand that the way you look doesn’t always reflect how you feel on the inside. That’s why we encourage post-weight loss individuals or those experiencing undesirable effects of age to learn about their cosmetic options so they can move forward with confidence. By removing loose skin and excess fat to reveal leaner, more sculpted arms, arm lifts can put the finishing touch on your weight loss journey or give aging arms enhanced definition.
Dr. Campanile brings his extensive training and experience to each arm lift, customizing each procedure to ensure that you get excellent results that reflect your cosmetic goals.
To begin an arm lift, Dr. Campanile carefully marks the arm to indicate incision locations and the areas of skin to be removed. The incisions are placed in the underarm and along the inside of the arm to help reduce noticeable scarring.
Through these incisions, Dr. Campanile removes excess fat and tissue before tightening the remaining skin for a leaner appearance. Dr. Campanile can also include liposuction with your arm lift for added contouring.
The incisions are then closed and bandaged. An arm lift typically takes between 2 and 3 hours to contour both arms. Most people are able to return to their normal routines within 10 to 14 days, taking care to avoid more strenuous activities for an additional several weeks.
As with all cosmetic surgeries, you can see the best aesthetic results with a customized approach to help you meet your appearance goals. Men and women who have had significant weight loss may choose to combine an arm lift with additional body contouring procedures like a tummy tuck or body lift.
Request a consultation to get started on your arm lift journey. And if you haven’t already, be sure to view our arm lift before and after photos to see the results Dr. Campanile has achieved for his patients. We’re here for you every step of the way and look forward to meeting with you.
As one of the surgeries with the highest satisfaction rate, an upper arm lift can be an excellent option for helping you feel and look your best. However, as with other surgeries, proper preparation is key to ensuring an excellent outcome. The following set of guidelines will walk you through what to expect and how to prepare, from your initial consultation all the way through recovery.
Getting ready for your arm lift cosmetic surgery will start long before the day of your procedure. Prior to your appointment, there are several things you can do that may aid in both reducing the potential for surgical complications as well as facilitating healing after your procedure:
- Have a friend or family member available to drive you to your appointment and home afterward. You should also have someone who can stay with you during the first 24 hours that you’re home.
- Work out alternate arrangements for childcare during your recovery, or any other household tasks you may need assistance with.
- Have someone help with meal preparations, or cook and freeze meals ahead of time yourself.
- Rearrange your work schedule to have any important meetings or projects take place either before your surgery or after you’ve recovered.
- Take care of anything you can ahead of time, like paying bills or getting yard work finished.
- Shower before your surgery, making sure to wash the underside of your arm and your sides with antimicrobial soap. Don’t apply any makeup or lotion after your shower.
- Dress in clothing that’s simple to get on and off. A shirt that buttons down the front will be easier to manage than pulling one over your head.
- Let Dr. Campanile know if you are currently on any prescriptions, as well as any vitamins or supplements you may be taking.
- Quit smoking at least 14 days before your surgery, and give your body another two smoke-free weeks after you come home, or longer if possible.
Most patients report feeling tired and a little sore after their arm lift. This is how the body lets you know that you need to rest in order to heal more quickly.
- Campanile may have you wear special compression sleeves to aid healing.
- Light activities can often be resumed in just a few days.
- Avoid activities that will put strain on your arms for at least four weeks.
- Regular exercise can be resumed after Dr. Campanile gives the okay.
The most important thing to keep in mind throughout recovery is to let your body heal at its own pace and not force the process. You can aid healing by giving your body the best tools available for recovery:
- Follow any special recovery instructions from Dr. Campanile.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Avoid stress or overly physical activities.
- Drink lots of fluids, and eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits.
If you have any other questions or concerns about the possibility of an arm lift from our Denver practice, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 303-345-7476.