CALL TODAY

303-345-7476Call Today

Denver Plastic Surgeon Sees New Trends for Cosmetic Surgery in 2013

Both the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported dramatic increases in minimally invasive procedures last year.

Denver, Colorado (May 2013) – Both the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) have announced their year-end statistics for 2012 that show a dramatic increase in minimally invasive cosmetic procedures, a trend that Dr. Frank Campanile (https://www.campanileplasticsurgery.com), a prominent Denver plastic surgeon, has noticed at his own practice as well.

“It’s become so convenient to look younger with nonsurgical treatments,” says Dr. Campanile, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Denver whose practice offers medical spa services. “With more adults staying active and vital further into retirement than ever before, there’s a renewed interest in looking younger for longer.”

The ASAPS reported over 10 million total cosmetic procedures performed in 2012 across the United States, both surgical and nonsurgical. However, surgical procedures accounted for only 17 percent of that total; nonsurgical procedures made up the remaining 83 percent. Total cosmetic procedures have increased in popularity nearly 250 percent since 1997. While cosmetic surgeries have gone up by 80 percent in that time, nonsurgical procedures have seen a tremendous 461 percent increase.

These trends are echoed by the ASPS statistics from 2012, which show a six percent increase in minimally invasive procedures from the previous year, and a 137 percent increase since 2000. Looking at specific procedures compared to the year 2000, some of the numbers are even more impressive: BOTOX® Cosmetic injections have gone up 680 percent, soft tissue fillers have increased 205 percent, and laser skin resurfacing grown by 198 percent.

“I really think it just comes down to convenience,” says Dr. Campanile. “You can’t pop in over your lunch hour for a facial plastic surgery procedure. But minimally invasive procedures deliver that level of freedom.”

Another rising trend in cosmetic procedures is the increasing numbers of male patients. Men now account for 10 percent of the total cosmetic procedures performed in the United States, an increase of over 106 percent from 1997, according to the ASAPS.

“I’ve noticed more Denver men wanting liposuction,” says Dr. Campanile. “I think the stigma that was once there about guys having cosmetic procedures has pretty much died out.”

The top five surgical procedures at Dr. Campanile’s practice are breast augmentation, liposuction, tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), breast lift and breast reduction. His practice also offers nonsurgical treatments including BOTOX® Cosmetic and injectable fillers.

“Where there are effective nonsurgical options, I’ve integrated those into my practice,” adds Dr. Campanile. “At the same time, I remain focused on cosmetic surgery options for the breasts and body. If you want to refine the look of your breasts or recontour your body, I remain convinced that surgical procedures are your best option.”

Related Posts

  1. Denver Tummy Tuck Patient Satisfaction Is Tops
  2. The Future of Breast Augmentation
  3. Denver Plastic Surgeon Comments on Recent Liposuction Study