The concept of the mommy makeover is revolutionary for many – multiple surgeries, all at one time. Sounds like the perfect solution for people who have multiple aesthetic issues they want to correct.
But what if your plastic surgeon says it’s not the right fit for you?
Reasons a Plastic Surgeon Might Say No
The first thing to understand is why a surgeon might decline to perform a mommy makeover for you. There are a few common reasons.
- You want too many procedures at once.
- Your expectations aren’t grounded in reality.
- Underlying health issues make surgery risky.
- You are motivated to get surgery to please other people.
- The doctor suspects you might have body dysmorphic disorder.
What to Do if a Plastic Surgeon Refuses Treatment
Remember, just because a plastic surgeon says no right now does not mean never. You might be able to resolve the issues standing between you and surgery.
First, ask the surgeon for an explanation of why they are declining to perform surgery. It is important that you understand their reasoning, as many of these issues can be resolved or at least managed. For example, you could reduce the number of procedures you want or enter into therapy to work on your expectations or mental health concerns.
If the reason they are refusing treatment cannot be resolved, talk to them about alternatives. For example, you might not be suited to surgery but med spa procedures could be safe. Ultimately, you need to work with your surgeon to determine the best path for you.
For more information, speak with Dr. Campanile. Call the office at 303-345-7476 or fill out our contact form.
- 3 Ways to Reclaim Your Curves after Pregnancy
- 4 Tips for a Fantastic Mommy Makeover
- Best Candidates for Mommy Makeovers