If you’ve lived with large breasts that have drawn unwanted attention, held you back from certain activities, limited your clothing options or made you feel self-conscious for years, it’s only natural for you to consider a breast reduction.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Frank Campanile specializes in breast reduction surgery, and can help you feel more comfortable and enjoy a wider range of activities. A breast reduction can help relieve shoulder pain, improve posture, and eliminate the skin irritations that can occur around bra strap indentations or below the breast folds. After reducing their breast size, many women discover that it’s much easier to jog and enjoy other athletic activities. The procedure can also help you achieve a more proportionate, balanced figure, and gives you more options when shopping for tops, swimsuits and dresses.
Many women seeking a breast reduction know they’d like smaller breasts but don’t know how small to go or what they’ll look like afterwards. Dr. Campanile understands these concerns and takes the time to discuss your options with you. His post-surgical breast size recommendations are made based on a detailed physical examination as well as an understanding of your preferences, goals and lifestyle.
Top 3 Reasons to Choose Us
- Dr. Campanile offers newer techniques such as the lollipop incision to greatly reduce scarring while still ensuring the best possible outcome.
- A board-certified plastic surgeon with more than two decades of proven experience, Dr. Campanile stays up to date with the latest innovations in breast enhancement surgery.
- Dr. Campanile works closely with each woman to understand her specific needs and customizes every breast reduction to deliver beautiful results. At Campanile Plastic Surgery, our goal is to help you make a smart decision about your new breast size and shape.
About Breast Reduction Surgery
A breast reduction removes breast tissue, skin and excess fat to reshape the breasts for better balance and increased comfort. In addition to reducing the size of the breasts, the procedure also lifts the breasts for improved position and contour, similar to what’s achieved during a breast lift. Dr. Campanile is careful to minimize the number of incisions whenever possible for a flattering, aesthetic final result.
Your Breast Reduction Procedure
To begin breast reduction surgery, Dr. Campanile makes a lollipop or anchor-shaped incision on the lower part of the breast and around the areola. Through this incision, he removes excess tissue. Because the breast volume is decreased, excess skin also needs to be removed. In many cases, the nipple and areola are repositioned higher on the breast.
Most women take a week to 10 days after surgery before they are ready for normal activities, with exercise and more strenuous activities added in after about 3 to 4 weeks. Some scarring will remain after the procedure but should fade over time with proper post-surgical care.
The Best Results for You
The best breast reduction results are achieved when the procedure is tailored to each woman’s figure and cosmetic goals. Some women may need only a minor reduction of fatty tissue, in which case Dr. Campanile may recommend a “scarless” breast reduction, which is performed using liposuction.
Additional Breast Reduction Resources
- Breast Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
- Breast Reduction Q&A with Dr. Campanile
- News Roundup: Breast Reduction