Excess stomach skin and fat can put a damper on anyone’s self-confidence. Whether the result of weight loss, aging or pregnancy, many people have pooched bellies and love handles, and no amount of exercise can improve the situation.
These changes in the abdominal region may call for the unique C.L.A.S.S.® drain-free tummy tuck available exclusively from Denver plastic surgeon Dr. Francesco Campanile.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Campanile developed the C.L.A.S.S. (Combined Lipo-Abdominoplasty Sculpting & Shaping) procedure by combining Brazilian, Italian and American techniques and adding his own refinements.
He’s proud to offer this drainless tummy tuck to men and women throughout the Denver area who are looking for superior results along with a more comfortable recovery that doesn’t involve post-surgical drains.
Every C.L.A.S.S. drainless tummy tuck is individualized to help each person meet their goals and look and feel their best again. Dr. Campanile has helped thousands of men and women in the Denver area and throughout Colorado to achieve a sleek, toned midsection.
For the first step of the C.L.A.S.S. drain-free tummy tuck, Dr. Campanile begins with liposuction on the abdomen and flanks. Next, he removes excess skin and fat before repairing slackened abdominal muscles and stitching them in place for a firmer foundation. Finally, Dr. Campanile uses multiple layers of sutures to ensure a smoother final scar and bypass the need for post-op drains after surgery.
The convenience of a no-drain tummy tuck recovery is one reason many women request the C.L.A.S.S. technique be used during their mommy makeover, although anyone can reap the benefits offered by a drain-free tummy tuck.
Tummy tuck recovery times vary from individual to individual. Most people are able to return to work within 2 weeks but need at least 4 weeks before they can resume their normal activities. Dr. Campanile can advise you more on what you can expect.
However, many men and women notice that they recover more quickly and in greater comfort after a C.L.A.S.S. no-drain tummy tuck compared to traditional abdominoplasty.
Most men and women see great results from the C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck as a solo surgery. In post-weight loss individuals, though, Dr. Campanile may suggest combining a drain-free C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck with additional body contouring such as a thigh and body lift.
Customizing the procedure to the goals of each person is the best way to ensure quality results. Dr. Campanile will work closely with you to decide which approach is best to help you feel great about your improved appearance.
Request a consultation to get started on your C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck journey. And if you haven’t already, be sure to view our drain-free tummy tuck before and after photos to see the results Dr. Campanile’s patients have achieved. We’re here for you every step of the way and look forward to meeting with you.
Dr. Campanile pioneered the C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck technique to perform both tummy tuck and liposuction procedures at once, resulting in a less invasive surgery, faster healing time and superior results.
This guide will walk you through the expectations for the C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck, from the first meeting with Dr. Campanile all the way through to the recovery room.
The C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck is proprietary to Campanile Plastic Surgery in Denver, so while the job of choosing your surgeon is already resolved, there are still a few questions you should be prepared to ask Dr. Campanile:
- Can you explain what makes the C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck unique?
- Am I a candidate for a C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck instead of a traditional abdominoplasty?
- How many C.L.A.S.S. tummy tucks do you perform annually, compared to traditional tummy tucks?
- Is the complication rate lower for a C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck?
You should feel confident in Dr. Campanile’s professional qualifications, as well as comfortable enough with him on a personal level to ask the hard questions.
Much like traditional abdominoplasty, the C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck is a complex surgical procedure that will require a commitment to the healing process. In order to facilitate recovery, it’s a good idea to do some prep work of your own before your surgery date.
- Shift any work and family obligations to fall either before your surgery or after recovery, to help ensure that the focus stays on proper rest and healing.
- Plan ahead for meals, either by arranging for someone to help you or by making and freezing dishes in advance.
- Arrange for help with your family if needed, such as accepting offers for childcare or running errands.
- The day before your surgery, you should shower and wash the incision area with antimicrobial soap. Don’t apply any makeup or lotion after your shower.
- Wear loose clothing that’s comfortable to get on and off. A button-up shirt is a good idea and can prevent having to lift your arms too high after your surgery.
- Let Dr. Campanile know about any vitamins, supplements or prescriptions you are currently taking.
- Quit smoking at least two weeks before surgery, and don’t resume the habit until at least two weeks following surgery.
The C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck is a more extensive surgical procedure. Be prepared to feel tired and sore once you come into the recovery room, and for the next few days. This is just the body’s way of letting you know it needs rest in order to heal.
- Your initial results may be visible after a few weeks, but you need to be patient as final results can take anywhere from 6 months to a year or more to be revealed.
- You probably won’t need the surgical drains that are typical of standard abdominoplasty.
- Some motions will be painful at first, although this should pass quickly.
- Campanile will let you know when you can resume your regular exercise schedule and other activities. Typically, your regular daily routine can be resumed in about a week.
If you have any questions about preparing for your C.L.A.S.S. tummy tuck, please do not hesitate to contact us online or call us at 303-345-7476.