Almost everyone has a few lumps and bumps – love handles, saddle bags or potbelly – that they wish they could slim down. With liposuction, you can now make that wish a reality. Dr. Frank Campanile is a liposuction specialist and board-certified plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience helping people achieve better body contours.
Liposuction can improve the appearance of almost any area of the body, including the tummy, hips, waist, thighs, back, neck and chin area, and upper arms. It’s common for people to want to slim down several places at once, but liposuction can be just as effective for a single trouble spot as well.
You often hear that cosmetic surgery is a blend of art and science, and this is certainly true when it comes to liposuction. Dr. Campanile customizes each liposuction procedure, using his extensive medical training and the artistic sense he’s developed over thousands of procedures to help each person achieve their ideal results.
Top 3 Reasons to Choose Us
- Dr. Campanile is a board-certified plastic surgeon with over two decades of experience and advanced training with a specialty focus on body contouring.
- In addition to traditional tumescent liposuction, Dr. Campanile also offers ultrasound-assisted liposuction, also known as VASERlipo® or LipoSelection®, an innovative technique that uses ultrasonic energy for greater precision.
- At Campanile Plastic Surgery, we also offer nonsurgical body contouring options like UltraShape® Power and VelaShape™ III, so you can make the choice that’s right for you.
Liposuction is one of the most popular procedures at Campanile Plastic Surgery and it’s an excellent way to enhance body contours. Liposuction can be the perfect complement to a healthy diet and active lifestyle but it’s important to note that it’s not a substitute for weight loss.
Campanile Plastic Surgery offers two different liposuction techniques, though the essential approach is the same with each one:
- Tumescent liposuction is the traditional method of targeting the problem areas on the body that remain resistant to diet and exercise. A fluid saline injection is used to make the fat cells easier to break up. A cannula, a thin medical wand, is moved back and forth to further break up fatty tissue, and vacuum suction is used to remove the fat.
- VASERlipo® uses ultrasound energy to dissolve fat rather than simply loosening the fatty deposits with saline solution. Because these highly targeted sound waves are tissue-selective, VASER® can be especially effective for regions of the body where fat is dense. Individuals may also enjoy an easier recovery with VASER® as compared with traditional liposuction, as well as achieve some skin tightening for an improved overall body contour.
Your Liposuction Procedure
Dr. Campanile begins liposuction by making a few small incisions where he can insert the cannula. A medical solution is administered to the surgical area to reduce bleeding, increase comfort and prepare the fatty tissue for removal. With VASER®, an ultrasonic probe is inserted after the cannula to liquefy fat cells using sound waves. Finally, once all the excess fatty deposits have been removed through suction, the incisions are closed.
Recovery time varies from person to person and depends on type of liposuction used and how extensive the treatment was. A compression garment may be worn for several weeks following surgery for improved results. Most people are able to return to work within 1 week and are able to resume their normal activities within 6 weeks.
The Best Results for You
Since liposuction can only target fat, Dr. Campanile may recommend that those men and women with concerns over excess skin consider a combination of tummy tuck with liposuction to streamline their midsection for leaner contours.
Customizing the procedure to the physical needs and cosmetic goals of each person is the best way to enjoy superior, long-lasting results from your liposuction. Dr. Campanile will work closely with you to determine which approach will be best for helping you feel great about your new look.